Vinyl wraps are one of the most affordable and effective ways to customise your vehicle. Modern wrap products are tough, long-lived and super versatile, making it easy to turn your car into 24/7 signage for your business!
But vinyl wraps are an investment, and customers often wonder how many years they will get out of their signage. In this article we’ll explore vinyl wraps in more detail to see how long they last and what you can do to prolong the life of your signage.
How Long Do Vinyl Wraps On Cars Last?
Car vinyl wraps typically last 5 years under normal conditions. Higher quality products can last longer, and you can extend the life of vinyl wrap with regular cleaning and maintenance.
The Signs Brisbane team uses high quality, commercial-grade wraps from suppliers like Avery and 3M. The quality of our products, combined with our meticulous application process, means our wraps should last 5-7 years with proper care.
Talk to our team to find out more about wrap maintenance and how you can extend the life of your signage.
How to Care for Your Vehicle Wrap
- Regularly hand wash the car with water and vehicle detergent
- Clean off bird droppings, tree sap, insects and other markings as soon as possible to prevent staining
- Avoid automatic car washes that use roller brushes
- Immediately wipe off petrol or diesel spills with a paper towel, and then hand wash the affected area as soon as you can
- Park in the shade whenever possible
- Avoid waxing or polishing vehicle wraps
- If using a pressure washer to clean the car, reduce the pressure to less than 2000 psi
Dirt, pollutants and the sun’s UV rays are the biggest killers when it comes to vehicle wraps. These things all degrade the wrap and adhesive, and they can cause fading, discolouration, peeling and bubbling.
Wrapped vehicles should be parked out of direct sunlight as much as possible, and they should be washed weekly to prevent pollutants from damaging the top layer.
You can visit the 3M website for more tips on how to maintain your car’s vinyl wrap.
The Benefits of Car Vinyl Wrap
Modern vinyl wraps are tougher and more sophisticated than ever. The higher quality wraps now come with built-in UV protection and special adhesives that make them long-lived and perfect for Australia’s harsh weather. Whether you’re looking to add some personality to your car, or need a signage solution for an entire fleet, wraps offer a few major benefits:
- Protect your car’s paint. One of the biggest advantages of wrap is that it protects your vehicle’s factory paint finish. Vinyl wraps keep the sun and dirt off your car, which can save you from things like stone chips, scratches and sun damage. As long as your car’s paint is in good condition before the wrap is applied, it will look good as new once the wrap is removed.
- Cost-effective. Repainting a car can be incredibly expensive. Vehicle wraps are a much more time and cost-effective way to change the look and feel of your car. Wraps can also be printed with any design you have in mind, giving you unlimited flexibility to add style, flair, signage and branding to your car.
- Low maintenance. There’s plenty you can do to prolong the life of vinyl wrap, but it really comes down to regular washing. All you need to do is hand wash your vehicle once a week, or you can run it through a brushless automatic car wash if that’s easier.
- Easy to remove. Vinyl wraps are fully removable! Old wraps can be peeled off a car at any time, leaving it looking good as new.
That means you can change the look of your car, update your signage, switch colours or get the vehicle ready for sale.
Transform the Look of Your Vehicles with Vinyl Wrapping at Signs Brisbane!
Vinyl wraps and car window stickers are some of the simplest and most cost-effective ways to transform the look of your car, truck or work vehicle. Modern vinyl wraps are extremely tough, and they can last for years with a little bit of care and maintenance. Whether you’re thinking about a new colour or want 24/7 car signage for your business, Signs Brisbane can help!
Signs Brisbane offers a huge range of car wrap Brisbane wide services to individuals and commercial customers. We perform full and partial vehicle wraps using commercial-grade products from Avery and 3M.
That means our wraps and car window advertising are perfect for adding signage, changing colours and personalising your vehicles. Get in touch today to book your consultation regarding vinyl wrapping, promotional signs or illuminated signage!